Tuesday, June 11, 2013

First Post

My dad encouraged me to start a blog, since I'm now interning at his company, XDTI. I've been learning to develop websites under the content management system (CMS). The current program I'm using is Orchard, which is used through WebMatrix 3. Orchard allows me to use themes, as well as creating new ones, to design websites. I've so far managed to create a prototype homepage for XDTI.com because XDTI wants a website that can be edited by non-HTML-experts (as the current website is entirely HTML hard-coded).


Designer Tools 1.6 with Shape Tracing is a very useful Module. I have to disable it later else it'll be enabled by users as well. So far, the menus aren't very pretty and have to be re-skinned to fit the XDTI theme. Also, I'll have to spend some time to work with the megamenus. Stack Overflow and Codeplex are two forums for Orchard developers to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment